Here are teacher and student instructions for setting up Google Cast for Edu! The teacher instructions are from the Cast for Edu support site. Use the link to see images of the teacher set up. Images are included with the student set up portion below.
Teacher Instructions from https://support.google.com/edu/castforedu/?hl=en – You must be using the Chrome Browser.
Make sure your browser is updated, and that you are signed in with your G Suite for Education account. Once you set up your Cast for Education app, your settings will be saved on that device.
- Go to the Chrome Web Store.
- Click Add to Chrome.
- Click Add app.
- Click Google Cast for Education to open the app.
- Type a name for your cast app, such as Room 301. Click Save.
- Click Share .
- Type the name of a Classroom class, or individual student email addresses, and invite your students to cast.
- Select a level of access for each student or class:
- Can present—Students can cast to your screen anytime you have the app open.
- Can request—Students can request to cast; you need to Approve or Deny each request.
- Students that aren’t on the list can’t see the cast app.
- Click Save.
To start accepting casts from your students, open the Cast for Education app on your computer. While the app is open, you or anyone you have shared the app with can cast to it. Casts appear within your Cast for Education app on the teacher device connected to the projector.
4. Wait for your teacher to approve your request.